Thursday, May 2, 2013

TNT Preview: Duel In The Sun

May's first TNT brings us 1946's A Duel in the Sun, a Western film starring an all-star cast of Jennifer Jones, Gregory Peck, Joseph Cotten, Lillian Gish & Lionel Barrymore. TCM describes the movie a little differently than Wikipedia does, saying that the flick is about a half-breed separating a rancher's good from bad sons. Wikipedia describes the movie as being about a girl moving with Anglo relatives and having a forbidden love. Guess we'll find out which one is accurate.
Most of the time that I say this sentence I'm going to say in reference to a movie or a genre of a movie, I end up wrong but I'm going to say it anyway. Typically speaking, I'm not really into Westerns and don't prefer to watch them. I recognize the legacy of talent such as John Wayne and Clint Eastwood was created in Westerns, but they're about up there with war flicks for me--just not my thing. Which is funny considering I love historical and period pieces. LOL Don't ask me how this contradiction exists; it works for me. Anywho, here's the trailer:
Catch it with me tonight at 8pm on TCM!

Channel Listings:

Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Available through Netflix's subscription service
Not available on Amazon's Instant Video or Vudu

*By the by, I'll be getting to April's TNT in Review within the next couple of days. And this time I promise I've got the times right for the TNT, I recorded everything in EST instead of my home timezone of MST. Mistakes happen. Unfortunately they usually happen to me. LOL Either way, I's sorry.*

No comments:

Post a Comment