Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TNT Preview: Love Me Tender

This week's TNT is 1956's Love Me Tender, starring Richard Egan, Debra Paget, and Elvis Presley in his debut role. Judging by the name of the movie, I guess we can see where the song of the same title came from. :-)
I have not seen any of Elvis Presley's movies, and reviews that I heard about his acting skills were always mixed. I wasn't a terribly large fan of the music mainly because it just wasn't my thing, so I can say that I don't know too much about The King. TCM's short preview on the movie describes this movie to be about brothers who rob a train and end up becoming outlaws, but the Wiki on the page goes into much more detail and the portion of the plot I just mentioned doesn't even occur right away. The movie is set during the Civil War time, and it brings about dramatic changes in this family by the time the war is over. Here's the trailer:
Catch it with me this Thursday at 8pm EST on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Not available on Netflix
Available to rent from Amazon Instant Video for $2.99
Available to rent from Vudu for $2.99 SD/$3.99 HD/$4.99 HDX

No comments:

Post a Comment