Monday, April 22, 2013

TNT Preview: Dream Wife

Our final TNT of the month presents us with Dream Wife, a 1963 rom-com starring Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr. A businessman (Grant) breaks off his engagement to his diplomat fiancee (Kerr) because her busy lifestyle is not conducive to what he feels a marriage should be.
It's no secret that I've got a fangirl crush on Cary Grant so I was pretty elated to see that one of his movies had found its way to TNT. These movies are picked at random by TCM, so I usually end up watching something completely unfamiliar to me, which if you remember my post when I created TNT was the point. Because of that, it's always a welcome surprise when I find a favorite actor or two thrown into the mix and I get to feature their flick in our TNT for the week. I think rom-coms were Cary Grant's strength, and even though I'm familiar with the skeleton for those kinds of films I enjoy how Grant carried it and somehow made it his own. Personally, I think rom-coms were a little more creative then. Maybe I'm just biased. Anyway, here's the trailer:
Catch it with me this Thursday at 6pm EST on TCM!

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Only available on Netflix's DVD subscription service
Not available on Amazon's Instant Video
Available to rent on Vudu for $2.99

*Update: I know this isn't the usual time for the TNT. I got it wrong when I was initially looking over the calendar, then when I found out what the movie was going to be instead I left my original choice. LOL I'm two hours behind EST, so sometimes I get a little confused. My apologies, I'll keep the timing right next time!*

No comments:

Post a Comment