Thursday, April 4, 2013

TNT Double Feature Preview: Goodbye Again/The Corn is Green

Sorry for the late posting; I got caught up finishing March's TNT Review. This month has some pretty interesting choices coming up for TNT! I had a hard time with some of the choices, which prompted me to introduce a new feature, the TNT Double Feature (name subject to change)! Now this is different from our other TNT nights because instead of picking the 6 or 8pm choices, I chose them both and I'll leave the ultimate decision up to you. Now you can watch one or both; the descriptions on both sounded good and differed from last month's choices, so instead of having to choose just one I put them both on the card.

Today's TNT Double Feature starts with 1961's Goodbye Again, starring Ingrid Bergman as the mistress of a wealthy man who enters into a relationship with a younger man, against the advice of those around her.

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing too many of Ingrid Bergman's movies, and this one is much different from the couple of movies I have seen of hers, so I'd like to give it a look. Wiki describes it as a "romantic drama," and after March's TNT, I think we could use a little romance...even if it does come in the way of a triangle. LOL Here's the trailer:
Goodbye Again will be on tonight at 6pm EST on TCM! Check below for channel listings.

The actual primetime flick takes us back to 1945's The Corn is Green, where Bette Davis stars as a schoolteacher with a vow to educate a resistant Welch town, then meets a young boy with a lot of potential to better himself.
 I love movies that have an inspirational feel to them and the various forms of opposition that the protagonist of the film inevitably has to conquer. I enjoy happily ever after movies, and even though I haven't seen really any of Bette Davis' earlier movies, I loved her in Death on the Nile, (which, if you didn't know was a 1978 film adaptation of an Agatha Christie book by the same name) and she was almost 30 years older then than she was in this film here. I'd like to see more of her work. Here's the trailer:

The Corn is Green will be on at our regular TNT timeslot of 8pm EST on TCM.

Channel Listings:
Dish--132
DirecTV--256
AT&T U-verse--796
Neither are available on Amazon's Instant Video or Vudu
Netflix carries Goodbye Again on Instant Queue, but The Corn is Green is DVD subscription only


Join me for TNT's first Double Feature tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment