Monday, March 25, 2013

TNT Preview: Edge of the City

This month's final TNT comes to us via 1957's Edge of the City, a flick starring a young Sidney Poitier and John Cassavetes as two workers who come together to stop a corrupt union official.

I know Sidney Poitier has since become a legend, especially in the Black community, for being one of the first African-American actors to become a mainstay on the big screen, but I have to be honest, I'm not too familiar with many of his movies. I only know of the movies that are listed under his name on this movie poster; I have not seen any others, so I'm kind of interested to see what else he was doing during this time. I've also heard of John Cassavetes, but have never seen any of his movies at all, as either an actor or director. So while the names are familiar, I'm going into this as blind as the rest of you. Let's take a look at the trailer:
You know the drill, catch it with me this Thursday, March 28 at 8pm EST on TCM!

132--Dish
256--DirecTV
796--AT&T U-verse
Not on Netflix's Instant Queue, but is available to rent via the DVD subscription service
Is available to buy on Vudu
Isn't available on Amazon's Instant Video

No comments:

Post a Comment