Thursday, March 7, 2013

TNT Preview: Can-Can

So I'm totally late for this review and I'm sorry, here ya go!

This week's TNT is 1960's Can-Can, with Shirley MacLaine and Frank Sinatra, which is based off of a Broadway play of the same name.
I haven't seen this movie but I did read a brief synopsis and the movie in short is about a can-can dancer at an establishment where the women often use their feminine wiles to not only pay the bills but get law enforcement officers to turn the other cheek to their illegal dance (the can-can was forbidden during this time). A judge comes along, attempting to put a stop to the dance once and for all, but one of the dancers (MacLaine) has decided to test out her charms on him, too. Unfortunately, her boyfriend (Sinatra) isn't quite pleased with this and I guess the movie unfolds into a love triangle of sorts as we see whether or not the judge will join his comrades and fall under the spell of the can-can, or if MacLaine's character herself falls for Mr. Judge or decides to remain true and faithful to her boyfriend. I couldn't find a trailer, but I was able to grab this clip from YouTube: 


Watch it with me this Thursday at 8pm EST on TCM!
132--Dish
256--DirecTV
796--AT&T U-verse
Not available for streaming on Netflix, but is available through the dvd subscription list
Didn't find it on Vudu but if I find any links I'll include them

Again, I'm sorry this post isn't quite as polished as the others and I'm posting it so late, but in addition to the burning acid that is school, I've been going through some personal problems and my attention hasn't really been on the blog on the few occasions I have had the time to post anything. I promise I'll be back on point next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment