Monday, March 11, 2013

TNT Preview: 13 Rue Madeleine

1947's 13 Rue Madeleine is going to be our TNT feature this Thursday. The film stars Annabella, James Cagney and Richard Conte and is set during World War II. I didn't want to ruin the movie for myself so I didn't read the entire synopsis, but in short the movie is about a spy finding out that one of his own is actually a Nazi double agent.
Now I'll admit that I'm normally not too keen on watching war pieces and movies set during the war; I just don't find them to be my can of soda. So while the movie title interests me, knowing that it is more of a war mystery movie does dim my excitement a little, but it's not really closed-mindedness so much; just not on my list of personal film preferences. Maybe this movie will change my mind though, I have never seen a James Cagney movie and over the years I have heard nothing but good things about his acting style and films. If nothing else I'll be able to catch a performance of one of yesterday's greats.  I was not expecting to see that the movie only got 2.5 out of 4 stars from film critics and didn't fare much better with fan reviews. Guess we'll find out why on Thursday. Here's the trailer:
Catch it with me this Thursday at 8pm EST on TCM!

132--Dish
256--DirecTV
796--AT&T U-verse
Not available on Netflix Instant Queue but is available through the dvd subscription plan
Not on Amazon's Instant Video
Not on Vudu
*Basically, unless you're willing to purchase it from Amazon's regular site or rent the DVD from Netflix, you'd better try to catch this on Thursday.*

No comments:

Post a Comment