Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TNT Preview: Double Indemnity

This week's TNT is Double Indemnity, a 1944 noir mystery starring Fred MacMurray, Edward G. Robinson and Barbara Stanwyck. This film started my girl crush on Barbara Stanwyck, I thought she was amazing in this role. Billy Wilder, who also directed Some Like It Hot, directed this film.
In short, this movie is about an insurance salesman (MacMurray) being seduced by a client's wife (Stanwyck) into committing murder for the--you guessed it--insurance money. One of the biggest motivators for murder even today. MacMurray's character Walter confesses all on a dictaphone to his friend Barton Keyes (Robinson) as his last to-do before escaping across the border and this is how we see what led up to him being in the office, but the hitch in his plans is the gunshot wound continuing to seep blood as he tells the story. Stanwyck really knocked it out of the park in the part of the seductress, and like I said it was this flick that started my girlcrush on her. I think the casting for this movie was perfect and I loved it so I am always game to watch it again. Here's the trailer:
Catch it with me this Thursday on TCM at 8pm EST!

132- Dish
256- DirecTV
796- AT&T U-verse
Netflix Instant Queue
$2.99 to rent from Amazon Instant Video
$2.99 to rent from Vudu in SD/$3.99 for HD

No comments:

Post a Comment